Country Music Street Parade 2019
Country Music Street Parade – Registration Form
Download a Registration Form here
FRIDAY 3th May, 2019
Registrations Open: 1/3/2019 – Registrations Close: 26/4/2019
THEME: Celebrating Outback Icons
Floats are eligible to enter in ONE section ONLY.
Best Decorated Float
Best School Float
Participant (not judged)
NOTE TO PARTICIPANTS:
- Entry forms need to be returned to Prospect Community Services via the contact details listed above. Registrations must be returned by 4pm 26/4/2019
- Round-a-bouts have been installed along the parade route; please ensure float vehicles can safely navigate these round-a-bouts before registering your float.
- All floats in the procession are to be clearly marked with their entry number on the front left windscreen of vehicle.
- Entry numbers for your float will be available for collection from Prospect Community Services from Wednesday 1st May 2019
- All floats to assemble at the Fire Station and along Hodgkinson St by 5:00pm and report to the Parade Marshall – ready for a 5:30pm start.
- Vehicles are not to travel in excess of 4kph.
- Vehicles are to drive (as far as practicable) in the centre of the roadway.
- Persons riding in or on vehicles are not to throw confectionary, promotional items or other gratuities onto the roadway or into the spectator crowd during the course of the procession.
- Persons walking in the procession may however distribute confectionary, promotional items or other gratuities to spectators provided that they do so from within 1 metre of the footpath.
- No person may sit on the bonnet of any vehicle – Prince and Princess entrants may sit on the back of a ute.
- Animals are not permitted in the parade unless they have a specific insurance certificate detailing their involvement in the parade.
- All police instructions are to be strictly complied with.
- The procession will finish in Mosman Street as per 2018 Parade –– please note that a holding area (SAFE ZONE) adjacent to the Charters Towers Regional Council Offices will be cordoned off specifically for people riding on school floats to disembark quickly and safely. This area will be signposted with the School’s Name and parents must collect their children from the supervised school holding area (NOT Directly from the Float) – FLOATS MUST THEN PROCEED OUT OF THIS SAFE ZONE - FLOATS CANNOT BE DISMANTLED IN THIS AREA.
- It is against the law for persons to ride on the float to and from the procession route.
- Participation in this event is voluntary and all participants should be aware that they do so at their own risk.